The Institute for Middle East Studies was founded in 2007 as part of a broad, University-wide initiative to support academic work on the Middle East. Institute for Middle East Studies faculty represent a breadth of disciplines from political science to media and public affairs to religion to international business. Our faculty are instrumental in coordinating major grant proposals, organizing research workshops and conferences for the Institute, and contributing original research to current academic and policy debates.
Congratulations class of 2019!
Elliott School Graduation - Friday, May 17:
- 10:30 AM — Graduates report to Funger Hall (2201 G Street NW)
- 10:30 AM — Smith Center doors open to guests (600 22nd Street NW)
- 11:30 AM — Ceremony begins
- 1:45 PM — Ceremony concludes (approximate)
- 2:00 PM — Middle East Studies Program Graduation Lunch (1957 E St NW)
GW Commencement on the National Mall
GW Commencement will be held on the National Mall at 9:30 AM on Sunday, May 19, 2019.
The Elliott School’s Institute for Middle East Studies congratulates the following students who received prestigious fellowships for regional language studies!! Foreign Language and Area Studies Fellowship (FLAS) from the U.S. Department of Education: Academic Year...read more